It is possible to remodel a bathroom on a budget. You just need to know where you can find savings and plan on doing some of the work yourself. We’ve all seen the DIY nightmare programs where a hapless couple decides to save five to ten thousand dollars by doing the work themselves, only to discover that they’ve actually done more than ten thousand dollars worth of damage. There is a right way and a wrong way to do a bathroom remodel in Somerset, MA – or anywhere else, for that matter. Once you learn the tricks of the trade and gain a little insight into where you can buy quality bathroom materials at a fraction of the cost, you’ll be able to create a beautiful brand new bathroom on a budget.
Bathroom Vanities and Cabinets
This is a great place to start. You can change the entire look and feel of your bathroom just with a can of paint for the walls and a brand new bathroom vanity. Updating the cabinetry is easier than you might think and does not require a lot of knowledge and experience to do it successfully. You can start your journey into the world of remodeling by taking a trip to visit the cabinet outlet in Southeastern Massachusetts called Factory Cabinet Outlet.
With a huge showroom filled with dozens of different styles, designs, colors and options for bathroom vanities and cabinets, you can get all of the quality bathroom materials you need at a price that you can afford. Stop by our showroom on Grand Army of the Republic, located in Swansea, Massachusetts. We are conveniently located for customers in Southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
Even if you can’t fit the cost for new flooring in your bathroom, most people can afford to replace the bathroom vanity and mirror to at least update the basic fixtures. A brand new bathroom faucet, shower curtain and decorative items can bring the new look all together and make it look as though you spent a lot more money than you actually did. Take a look at some of the bathroom remodeling tips and ideas posted online at websites like Pinterest for some awesome examples of projects that were done on a budget.
Other Ways to Save: Tips from the Pros
When it comes to doing your bathroom remodel in Somerset, MA or anywhere else in the New England area, it helps to get a few tips from a professional. If you are wanting to do a full bathroom remodel, you might want to hire a pro to take care of the plumbing, electrical work or anything else that you don’t feel comfortable doing. Some contractors charge for estimates, while others will come out and talk to you about your ideas and give you a quote for free. Consider bringing in a contractor for just part of the job and then take care of the parts that you are comfortable taking care of, such as the installation of your bathroom vanities and cabinets, basic faucet upgrades and painting.
Some of the top tips from professionals regarding bathroom makeovers include:
- Choosing light fixtures that extend out over the mirror to improve the lighting effects in the bathroom.
- Using a dimmer switch for the brightest light in the room to help save energy or provide moderate lighting during the day in addition to natural window light.
- Consider using high quality bathroom materials where they count, such as nice fixtures and vanity tops to highlight the other changes in the room.
- Add a frame to the mirror – or choose a framed mirror – to add color, texture and contrast in coordinating options to bring the look of your bathroom together.
- Purchase a brand new shower curtain and other elements that will bring the theme of the design for your new bathroom together; consider adding a curved shower curtain to add space to your shower, as well as in-shower shelving for shampoo and soaps.
- Add molding or trim to the room to create more of a finished look; consider adding beadboard to the bottom half of the room and painting it with a complementary color or shade for added depth and contrast – bathrooms are usually small, so even the high end, top quality bathroom materials won’t cost a lot to use.
- Update the hardware or add hardware if your cabinets don’t come with drawer pulls or cabinet knobs; see the options available at the cabinet outlet in Southeastern Massachusetts where we have coordinating hardware for all of our bathroom vanities and cabinets.
Visit Cabinet Factory Outlet in Swansea, MA
For even more ideas and to see all of our beautiful quality bathroom materials in-person, come visit our showroom located in Swansea. We have all of the bathroom vanities and cabinets, hardware and accessories, countertops, vanity tops and flooring that you need to create the bathroom of your dreams – even on a budget. Call today at 508-379-6154 for more information or to get directions to our new showroom location.