When you start looking around at all of the options available to install cabinets in Southeastern Massachusetts for your kitchen remodeling project, you will see a lot of articles about the quality of the materials. However, what you won’t see a lot of is debate between light and dark cabinets, with regard to which color or shade is best for your kitchen. How do you know which way to go? Many people just go with their own personal preference, after all they will be the one that has to look at it day in and day out for the lifetime of the new Swansea kitchen cabinets. But there is a better way to determine which option is best for your kitchen remodel in Swansea, MA.
The Case for Dark Cabinets
One of the most popular trends right now is to choose darker cabinet colors for kitchen remodels. Darker colors make an immediate statement and can add a touch of richness and class to any home. Cherry stained solid maple, dark espresso and even a few warm-toned browns can just really give your entire kitchen a fresh, new look compared to your existing cabinets and cupboards. Dark cabinets are also quite elegant in their own way, creating a strong and bold feeling throughout the room.
Some of the advantages of choosing dark Swansea kitchen cabinets include:
- beautiful contrast that stands out against lighter or brighter wall and decorative colors; allows for use of any type of appliances, hardware and other items
- strong, clean appearance – especially when choosing very dark colors like cherry stained solid maple, black or dark espresso
- coordinates well to create a very modern looking kitchen remodel in Swansea, MA that will stand out from a sea of other trendy colors
- adds a bit of drama to the space, helping to improve the look and feel of a boring kitchen layout or a remodel with limited space
The Case for Light Cabinets
Just as there are clear advantages to choosing darker options for your kitchen remodel in Swansea, MA, there are also clear benefits to selecting lighter color options. When you visit the Cabinet Factory Outlet in Swansea to purchase and install cabinets in Southeastern Massachusetts, you will see a wide range of lighter shades, including white, off-white and golden. Choose the type of cabinets and cupboards that will benefit you, your kitchen, and the look and feel that you are going for in your kitchen remodel in Swansea, MA.
Some of the reasons why homeowners choose lighter cabinets can include:
- less cleaning is required for light cabinets and cupboards compared to darker cabinets, which attract visible dust
- hides scratches and dings better than darker shades, such as cherry stained solid maple or espresso shades
- lighter colors open up a room and make it look larger, while darker colors make the room appear to be smaller
- timeless appearance, great option to install cabinets in Southeastern Massachusetts for homeowners who are thinking about putting their homes on the market
Let Your Home Decide
If you aren’t sure which color or shade of Swansea kitchen cabinets you want for your home, make sure to consult with a professional. The design, coloring and materials used in your home, both inside and out, can be a great influence of the way you should go with your kitchen remodel in Swansea, MA. Some homeowners prefer lighter shades like eggshell or natural golden, while others really appreciate the darker shades, like espresso and cherry stained solid maple, for best results.
Another option is to use a combination of dark and light elements to create a beautiful contrast. Dark cabinets just seem to pop when you install cabinets in Southeastern Massachusetts against a white or light-colored background. Lighter counter tops can also be used with dark cabinets and cupboards, as well as lighter backsplash materials and appliances. You can go the other way around and paint your walls dark and install lighter Swansea cabinets instead, while using darker accents throughout on the counters, backsplash and appliances. Flooring can also play a role in providing contrast.
Come Visit the Cabinet Factory Outlet
If you are planning to do a kitchen remodel in Swansea, MA or the surrounding Southern New England region, take time to stop by the Cabinet Factory Outlet located on Old Army of the Republic Highway. We have a wide range of color options, including espresso and cherry stained solid maple or popular white and off-white shades. Give us a call at 508-379-6154 or browse our website to get an idea of all the options available at our showroom for Swansea kitchen cabinets and cupboards.