The do’s and don’ts of a home kitchen remodel. Homeowners, designers and contractors alike could probably tell you horror stories that would make you second guess ever getting it done. But the truth is that like all other home projects, the ones that succeed are the ones that were well-planned and thought-out. Better still, it is important to learn where you can save money and where you should never cut corners. One way to save on your custom kitchen in New Bedford is to get your designer kitchen cabinets from a cabinet outlet in Southeastern Massachusetts instead of paying full price from a home improvement store.
Cabinet Factory Outlet has a wide range of South Coast kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities for you to choose from for your next home remodeling project. We also carry a large selection of other materials, including flooring, counter tops, backsplashes, coordinating accessories, hardware, and much more. You will be surprised at the deals you can get when you visit our showroom for your brand new custom kitchen in New Bedford or anywhere in the surrounding area. Consumers, contractors, designers and architects alike trust the quality of our selection right here in Swansea, MA.
Budget Remodeling Tips
The best tip that you can ever get for any remodeling project, is to make sure you have a budget before you even go shopping for materials. Walk past those sinks and showers. Move away from those beautiful cabinets and cupboards. Sit down and create a budget. Know exactly how much you have to spend before you start working with a designer or visit our showroom to view our South Coast kitchen cabinets. Contact a trusted contractor or figure out what you have the ability to do yourself, and then stop by to see our full selection of designer kitchen cabinets.
Some tips to remember when shopping for materials on a budget include:
- measure your existing kitchen properly (see our website for tips!)
- measure a second time just to make sure
- have a plan in place before you start shopping
- don’t ever just completely gut the kitchen without professional help
- hire a contractor for things beyond your scope (electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- think about how everything will function when it is complete
- make sure the sink, faucet and all other connecting pieces are compatible
- invest in quality cabinets, but don’t over-spend on trendy designs
- upgrade your flooring when you replace it to something durable and long-lasting
- understand how long it will take to complete the project to avoid surprises
Dream Kitchen Remodeling Tips
While there are a lot of tips available on how to get a quality kitchen on a budget, it is also important to have an idea of what to expect if you are doing a custom kitchen in New Bedford. Having the money to get the kitchen of your dreams means getting designer kitchen cabinets with all the bells and whistles. The good news is that you can get high quality South Coast kitchen cabinets at our cabinet outlet in Southeastern Massachusetts and then take the savings to invest in things that you might not have been able to work into the budget otherwise. Specialty cabinets, drawers, finishes and styles are all available at our Swansea, MA showroom.
Some tips to remember when shopping for “dream kitchen” materials include:
- choose a reputable contractor and go shopping together to choose the best materials
- make sure to express the things you want in terms of “nice to have” or “have to have”
- coordinate the color and style of your designer kitchen cabinets with your home
- remember to think about function in addition to style so everything will make sense
- don’t think that you have to stick with the same floor plan
- consider adjustable shelving instead of built-in units to adapt as your kitchen changes
- think about what you will want ten or twenty years from now, not just right now
- never force an island into the design – if it doesn’t work, move on
- think storage and counter space the whole year-round from holiday baking to everyday use
Visit the Cabinet Factory Outlet in Swansea, MA
If you are making plans for a budget or custom kitchen in New Bedford and the surrounding area, stop by the cabinet outlet in Southeastern Massachusetts and see our full line of beautiful designer cabinets for yourself. Choose from a wide selection of dark and light-colored cabinets, natural wood and modern styles. See our hardware and accessories to help further customize the look and feel of your South Coast kitchen cabinets. Call today at 508-379-6154 or stop by our location on Grand Army of the Republic Highway.