If you have spent any amount of time browsing catalogs or looking at design-inspiration websites, you already know that there is an infinite number of options available for your Dartmouth kitchen remodel. You could choose cherry stained solid maple or white painted wood, depending on your home’s decor and style. However, the most important thing to remember when shopping for South Coast kitchen cabinets is to be true to yourself and the colors, designs, and options that appeal to you the most. When you shop at the Cabinet Factory Outlet in Swansea, you can see our full line of all wood construction cabinets in person to help you make the best choice.
This can be a huge challenge. Do you want to go with natural wood? Well, what kind of natural wood? When you shop for all wood construction cabinets, there are many different colors, shades, and types of wood to choose from for your kitchen remodeling project. Light brown, blonde, brown, and even natural cherry color cabinetry can help to make a big difference in the finished result of your Dartmouth kitchen remodel. However, there are other colors to consider as well, including traditional white, modern cream-colored cabinets with mocha finishing glaze, and deep espresso styles.
The best way to select a color palette is to look at the rest of your home. Evaluate what would look best with the rooms that are closest to the kitchen. For example, if your dining room is connected and is already decorated in blues and whites, you might want to bring a similar color pattern into the kitchen. Then again, you could also go with a color selection that will enhance both spaces, yet define them as unique on their own. Either way, just make sure that the colors you choose will work together with the rest of the home. You want to make it a reflection of your tastes and personality, but you don’t want to create something that you’ll get sick of quickly or would make your home difficult to sell.
Most of the South Coast kitchen cabinets that you will see are all very similar in the most basic ways. For example, upper cupboard shells and lower cabinet bases are all very much the same with the exception of the cabinet doors. This is why you will often see a showroom that has a display with just the doors on it so you can see the detail of the design and compare the colors side-by-side. The type of door that you choose for your Dartmouth kitchen remodel is just as important as the color. It will set the tone for that space and help you to stick with the decorative theme that you have chosen.
Some of the most common designs that you will see include:
- SHAKER – Perhaps one of the most popular designs in American kitchens, this classic design features a five-piece flat panel frame, which consists of a single flat center panel and four raised pieces that frame it. Made in many different types of wood and provides a very traditional look and feel for any kitchen design.
- SLAB/FLAT – Popular with minimalist, European or modern design, these doors are typically made from either laminate or wood. Very budget-friendly and a great choice for just about any contemporary kitchen style or home.
- LOUVERED – Creates the appearance of shutters to create a unique look and feel for your kitchen. A great choice in kitchens spaces where ventilation is needed; however, they can be difficult to keep clean. Some designers use them sparingly as accent cabinet doors within a more traditional design.
- BEADBOARD – The entire door can be made of beadboard design, or there can be a beadboard inset within a shaker style frame. Made from different types of wood, this design is common with rustic, farmhouse, shabby chic, country, and other similar styles. Looks great with an apron front of a farmhouse-style sink.
- GLASS INSERT – Used in combination with other types of cabinets that have space for a unique insert, adding glass to upper cabinet doors can create a very open and classic feel for just about any kitchen design. Beautiful with both dark and light kitchen cabinet styles, these are primarily used with all wood construction cabinets.
Come See Our South Coast Kitchen Cabinets
There are many different choices when it comes to choosing materials for your Dartmouth kitchen remodel. When you come to the Cabinet Factory Outlet, you can see and compare all of our top quality cabinets to find the best fit for your kitchen. Whether you are outfitting a kitchen for brand new construction, updating old cabinets in a remodel, or starting over with a new layout and design in a complete renovation, we have a variety of sizes, colors, styles, and price points for you to browse. We have it all, from traditional New England white or deep, rich cherry stained solid maple, so visit our showroom in Swansea, MA. Give us a call at 508-379-6154 or stop by Tuesday through Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm.